Friday 7 August 2015

A Week in Fuerteventura

I've just spent the week in Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands, and there was so much to do that I thought I'd write a blog post about it.


Quick Note: My phone broke on holiday so except for the photos of the villa, these photos are from Melissa.


Villa
We stayed in Caleta de Fuste, which is towards the bottom of the island. We stayed in an amazing villa right behind a golf course, which was really lovely. The beds were comfy, the pool was huge and it was in a really good location, only a few minutes drive from a supermarket, shopping centre and harbour.






Beaches
We only visited 2 beaches throughout the week, and they were both really nice. The first one we went to was a beach in Caleta, which was right behind the shopping centre. The sand was really soft, it wasn't much of a walk and the water was nice and warm, so I'd definitely recommend. The second beach we visited was about an hours drive to Corralejo, where we stayed when we last came 4 years ago. The waves were huge, and even though the walk to the beach was quite long, the sea definitely made up for it.



Food
We stopped at quite a few places for lunch, dinner or drinks throughout our stay. On the first night we visited a restaurant called Fado Rock, where I had a pizza. It was so good, and we decided to go there again on the last night. We also went to a place called 15, which wasn't really my thing but everyone else enjoyed it. We also went to loads of nice little cafes which I can't remember the names of, but one was called the Wild West, where we had a smoothie which was really nice, there's loads of lovely places to eat, and the majority of the food was amazing.






Activities
There's loads going on in Caleta, especially at the harbour. I chickened out but a few people went swimming with sealions, and my brother also booked in to go scuba diving which never actually happened because people with asthma aren't allowed to do it, but it looked really fun. On the harbour there's some lovely little cafe and bar type things where we had drinks and ate a few times, and all around the harbour there's fish that you can fefed, either with your own leftovers or with fish food €1.
Another place I wanted to mention was Soul Massage, where you could get really cheap massages. I had a facial and cranial massage twice because it was so good, and it only cost €15!





Overall, I loved my stay in Fuerteventura and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to book a holiday.

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Love your photos! XOXO
    http://www.beckybobble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! Love your photos! XOXO
    http://www.beckybobble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete