Thursday 10 September 2015

Lipsticks For Beginners // Reds & Dark Colours

Read 'Lipsticks For Beginners // Nudes & Pinks' here

I usually wear darker colours, as I think they suit me more, so I have a lot to get through in this post. Here's some I'd recommend to any lipstick newbie.


Rimmel Kate Moss '05' Lipstick
This is actually the only Kate Moss lipstick I have, and I really want to get a few more. It's a dark pink berry kind of colour, and it doesn't look too wild for anyone who's experimenting with dark colours.


Loreal Colour Riche Lipstick in '376'
This one's really similar to the Kate Moss lipstick, except it's a little bit darker. I don't wear this lipstick very often as I bought it at the start of Summer and if I chose to wear a darker colour in Summer it was usually a red, but I'm excited to start using this more in the Autumn and Winter.


MAC 'All Fired Up' Lipstick
This lipstick is quite a recent purchase, and I love it. It's quite similar to the two above, but it has a more matte finish which I love.


Collection Little Mix 'Leigh Anne' Lipstick
This was the first red I ever bought, and I'm not a massive fan. It comes off quite bright which I don't like, but if you prefer bright reds then it's really affordable.


Revlon Colourburst '240' Lipstick
This one is another bright red, and it comes off kind of orange. Again, it's not my style but it is a really nice lipstick.


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Amsterdam'
This is a fairly new lipstick, and I love it. Matte lipsticks are my favourite kind, and the colour range is so amazing. This isn't too bright but isn't too dark, so it's a good in between for anyone who isn't sure what kind of red suits them.


MAC 'Party Line' Lipstick
I really like this lipstick, and for a while this was my go-to red. It's quite a dark red, so it would look really nice in Autumn or Winter.


Too Faced 'Melted Ruby' Lipstick
This is probably in the running for one of my favourite lipsticks. It's a gorgeous bright pink / red colour and the application is so easy.


MAC 'Flat Out Fabulous' Lipstick
I'm slowly trying to get into purple lipstick (not bright purple, don't get scared), and this is such an amazing colour. It's a mixture of pink and purple, and it's a good in between for me while I get used to purple.


Maybelline Colour Drama Lipstick in 'Berry Much'
I can't decide if I like this lipstick because sometimes it looks gorgeous and sometimes it looks sparkly and a lot darker than I thought. It is a really nice colour though, and a really dark one for anyone who prefers dark colours.


Left to Right: Kate Moss 05, Loreal Colour Riche, MAC All Fired Up, Little Mix Leigh Anne, Revlon Colourburst, NYX Amsterdam, MAC Party Line, Too Faced Melted Ruby, MAC Flat Out Fabulous, Maybelline Colour Drama

What's your favourite red / dark lipstick?


No comments:

Post a Comment