Wednesday 22 April 2015

Focus On Yourself

A very self-reflective beach. (idk)

Hello.

I know I'm going a bit wild with the lifestyle posts recently, but this is something I really wanted to write about. One of my favourite quotes has always been 'focus on yourself', which is a really small sentence that can make a big difference in your life.

'Focus on yourself' can mean two things in my opinion. Firstly, it means that sometimes you have to put yourself and your happiness first. Obviously, it's really important to try and be a selfless person, and do what's best for other people, but I'm a firm believer that once in a while you really need to put yourself first. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand, this quote could mean to focus on what your goals are and what you have achieved, instead of comparing yourself to other people. I've spent so long checking other peoples blog views, followers and watching them achieve things, that I've forgotten that I may have completely different goals. What other people are doing is absolutely nothing to do with you, and only focusing on your own goals and achievements makes you feel more positive in what you're doing, and also allows you to be happy for other people.

Just like Zoella's 'Just Say Yes', PointlessBlog's 'Do more of what makes you happy' and Troye Sivan's 'Art is Risk', I'd say if I were to represent myself as a quote, I would definitely be 'Focus on yourself'.

2 comments:

  1. I was literally sat here refreshing my feed when this popped up! I thinkthis is really important though, and I definitely agree with you! I really enjoy your lifestyle posts too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Sorry for the late reply haha

      Delete