Sunday 26 April 2015

Revision Tips

(not my picture)

Hello.

So exam time is coming up, and if you're organised, you might have started revising. I have a GCSE in two months (cry), so I wanted to share with you some of my revision tips.


Find somewhere quiet
This one needs no explaining. It's much harder to concentrate when there's noise around you, so try and find somewhere quiet, and let your family know that you're revising so they know not to disturb you and to try and keep the noise down.

Have a clean desk
I personally can't work at a messy desk. I have no idea how anyone gets anything done if everything isn't all tidy. It means you have more room as well, so you can spread out more textbooks, papers etc, and won't have to be rooting around for them whilst trying to keep the answer in your head.

Dedicate a whole day to it
I find revision a lot more difficult if I'm counting the time as well. Instead of worrying about whether it's time to finish, make sure you don't have any more plans for the day, as you'll feel a lot more relaxed and get a lot more done.

Have a list of what you need to do
I can't just pick up a textbook and start learning. I like to make a list of all the topics I need to cover, and split them up into small sections, so I know what I'm working on, what I've already learned and what I still have to go.

Have 10 minute breaks
Studies have shown (how fancy does that sound) that your brain physically can't concentrate for hours at a time. Every half an hour or so, have a 10 minute break. Make some food, get a drink, watch TV and just chill out. This will give you more energy and mean that you take in more information.


I hope this post has helped any of you that have exams coming up.
Do you have any revision tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment