Wednesday 15 July 2015

Real Techniques Brush Collection

I don't have too many makeup brushes, and I've actually got a few in the post as I type this, but all the ones I have now are real techniques. I thought I'd show you which brushes I have, what I use them for, and if I'd recommend them.


Buffing Brush
I use this for my foundation. I actually did a post here where I compared the buffing brush and the expert face brush, since I used to use the expert face brush, but I really love the buffing brush for foundation. I'd definitely recommend.


Expert Face Brush
I use the expert face brush for my blusher, since I use a cream blush on most days. I absolutely love this brush for cream blusher, because it allows you to blend it really well into your skin, however if you wear powder blush, it isn't the best.


Contour Brush
I barely use this brush, as I can't contour to save my life, and even when I attempt it I use my Maybelline Master Sculpt Contour Kit which has it's own brush. However, I do sometimes use this for the concealer under my eyes, as it's quite easy to blend with, and even though I haven't found a specific purpose for this brush yet, I really like it.


Pointed Foundation Brush
I used to use this for my concealer, which I wouldn't really recommend because it's not easy to blend with this brush. I don't actually use this brush for anything, but I'd really like to. Any suggestions welcome.


Detailer Brush
I sometimes use this if I'm applying concealer under my eyebrows, and I find that it works really well because it's so small. I'd like to start using it a bit more in the future.


Blush Brush
I use this for my powder, and if I'm ever wearing a powder concealer, I use it for that too. I really like this brush. I'd like to invest in the real powder brush, as I think it would work well because it's so big, but this brush works fine as well.


Deluxe Crease Brush
I use this for my concealer instead of for eye makeup, because it's the perfect size. It works really well at blending concealer onto blemishes and under my eyes occasionally, and I'm a big fan.


Base Shadow Brush
I use this for my eye makeup. I really like it. It's quite big so it's good for blending, and I would definitely recommend it.


Shading Brush
This is a smaller version of the base shadow brush, so I find that it's really useful for more precise blending, or in the inner corners of the eye.


Brow Brush
Fairly self-explanatory; I use this brush to fill in my eyebrows. I really like it, and the shape of it makes it really easy to get a precise shape with your eyebrows.


Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush
I don't think I've ever used this before as I don't wear eyeliner, but I'd love to find a different use for it.


Accent Brush
I don't really use this too much, but I pick it up occasionally if I want to blend my lip colour in, for example if the colour is too bright and I want something a bit more subtle.



Do you have any real techniques brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment