Sunday 22 March 2015

School Organisation

Hello.

Since I'm in year 10 of high school, my first year of GCSEs, I've been keeping my schoolwork a lot more organised than I have in previous years. I wanted to share with you a few things I like to do to stay organised.

Book Storage
I find that keeping all my books in one place is really useful when you're quickly packing your bag, or you sit down to do some work. I got this basket for Christmas, but you can find similar things anywhere (I'd recommend Cath Kidston or TK Maxx). I keep the bigger books at the bottom and the smaller ones on top so I can always see every book I have in there, and I just keep some revision guides down the side of the shelf.

Stationary Box
I keep all my stationary in a box by my desk, so it's always available when I'm doing work. I got this box with my Victoria's Secret perfume set, but any old box will do. I just keep highlighters, coloured pencils, and other random items that I don't usually use in here. I tend to keep pens and pencils separate on my desk as I need these a lot more often and don't want to have to search in my stationary box for them.

School Folder
I have a giant folder for any loose worksheets. I've separated my folder into subjects, and for each subject I have a few different plastic wallets, one for each subject. I find this really useful because then I can easily find what I'm looking for, and if I'm doing some work on a specific thing I can just take out the whole plastic wallet instead of searching for individual sheets.

Contents Pages
One thing I really highly recommend is to make a contents page at the front of your book. I know it sounds a bit strange, but this was recommended to me by my maths teacher, and I can't believe I didn't do it sooner! It's so easy to find things when you're revising, and if you keep up to date with it then it takes no time at all to keep up.

I hope you've found some of these organisation tips useful! Please let me know in the comments if you have any tips!

1 comment:

  1. I need to get organised...

    http://melissatara.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete