Sunday 15 March 2015

MAC Palette vs Naked 3 Palette

Hello.

Urban Decay's Naked Palettes are a must-have for any makeup obsessive, and so are MAC eyeshadows. As I'm lucky enough to have Naked 3 and my own MAC palette, I thought I'd put them up against each other and tell you which I prefer.

Naked 3
£38
As you can see, Naked 3 is very expensive. The majority of people prefer this palette, as the colours are all really neutral, and can be worn with almost any look.


MAC Palette
Actual palette - £16
Eyeshadows - £10 each
As you can see, to fill this up completely, it would cost be about £160, which is quite scary. I'm expecting to be adding to this palette for years to come though, so the cost becomes a lot less daunting when you think of it that way.


Colours
In terms of colours, I absolutely love the Naked 3 palette. However, as MAC sells well over 100 colours, there's bound to be something for everyone. Although I prefer the colours in my Naked palette at the moment, I can always add new colours to my MAC palette, but I'm stuck with the ones I've chosen in Naked 3.

Pigmentation
MAC wins this one, no question. The only reason I don't think the Naked Palettes are worth the money is because you need loads to get a really nice look. A few touches of the MAC eyeshadows and you're finished.

Price
I'll have to give this one to my Naked Palette, as getting 12 colours in the palette means you're spending about £3 on every eyeshadow, whilst MAC eyeshadows are £10. If you're on a cheaper budget, you might be better off with the Naked Palette.

Overall, I'd have to choose my MAC palette, but I still absolutely love my Naked Palette, and I can definitely see why people would prefer it.


Do you own either of these? Which do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to purchase the Naked 3 palette soon! I cant afford a MAC palette at the moment so that'll have to wait.

    http://melissatara.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete