Tuesday 16 September 2014

Favourite Places

Hello.

So, in my 14 (15 next month) years of living, I've been to a fair few places. Enough places to rack up a list of my top 5 places in the world.



New York, USA
Words can't even describe my obsession with New York City. I'd wanted to live there for a while before I went there on holiday in April, and it's without a doubt the best place I've ever been.

If I were to write out a list of everything to do in New York, I'd be able to write about 7 blog posts. My family and I did quite a lot of these things, and I was a bit disappointed by a few of them, but some of the must see things are definitely...
  • The Empire State Building at night
  • The Rockerfeller Centre (better in the day because you can see everything clearly)
  • Central Park (we were given an amazing tour of Central Park, I'd definitely recommend looking at www.cityroverwalks.com if you're planning a trip to New York)
  • Times Square at night
  • The 9/11 Memorial (with an amazing view of Freedom Tower)
(I'm planning to do a blog post about New York soon, so I'll include a lot more detail then)


London, England
I'd been to London once before when I was about 9, but the first time I properly visited the city was a few months ago, when my Dad and I went on the train from Liverpool for a day out. I'd never really thought much of London, but it's such an amazing city.

As I've only properly been once, I don't have a huge list of things to do, but some of the highlights of my day were...
  • Looking around the shops in Covent Garden
  • The London Big Bus Open Top Tours
  • Going up The Shard, the tallest building in the European Union
  • Harrods (especially the food department, I bought 7 macarons by accident)


Monaco, France
I visited Monaco on a family holiday when I was about 12, and even though I was a bit too young to fully understand the beauty of the city, looking back I can appreciate how amazing it was, and how lucky I am to have been there.

A few things I can remember from my holiday are...
  • Walking along the docks
  • The amazing beaches
  • Having a drink in the Café de Paris and watching all the fancy people arrive in their fancy cars with their fancy girlfriends


Liverpool, England
Even though it's a bit weird to include the city you live in, I honestly think I underestimate the beauty of Liverpool. When you get out of the crowded shops and onto the docks, it's such a lovely place.

Some of the things I've done to appreciate the city better are...
  • Going up the Liverpool Eye, which has an amazing view from the top
  • The Liverpool Maritime History Museum (it might be a kids thing I don't know, but it's so cool honestly)
  • Walking along the docks in all the harbour-side shops / cafés


Fuerteventura, Canary Islands
I went here when I was about 13, and it's probably one of my favourite holidays, and definitely my favourite 'beach break', as everything else on the list has been busy cities.

Unfortunately, I can't really come up with a 'to do' list for Fuerteventura, but I'd recommend trying out a lot of the beaches, since there's so many lovely ones.


Thank you for reading this post, I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope it's given you some things to do if you're anywhere near these places, or given you some new holiday ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment